Why Use a Certified REALTOR®?
Breakwater — Martha’s Vineyard Real Estate is a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, the Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® and the Cape Cod and Islands Board of REALTORS®.
This is beneficial to both buyers and sellers. Why, you may ask? Many of the reasons can be found on the Realtor.org site. When you choose Breakwater — Martha’s Vineyard Real Estate, feel free to discuss how working with a certified Real Estate Broker can help you to get want you need, whether you are a buyer or a seller.
What Breakwater — Martha's Vineyard Real Estate Can do for You
- When selling your home, we will give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
- We market your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code Of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
- We will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- We can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing — a lot of possible pitfalls. We can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
- We can help you close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).